Where and when
Between 14h and 15h, not sober.
Register at the reception of the new building, first floor of the AZ Maria Middelares.
From there you go to your room on the fifth floor.
What to bring
- the brown envelope that you received at the consultation
- identity card
- SIS card and stickers from your health insurance fund or other insurance institution (Assurcard, DKV card)
- address and phone number of the person to whom we can turn during your stay
Have all forms (health insurance, hospitalisation insurance, certificates of all kinds ...) filled in at the secretariat of the Medical Center Latem, Kortrijksesteenweg 53, 9830 Sint-Martens-Latem and not in the hospital.
- 2 crutches
- the results of the preliminary studies
- possibly X-rays
- blood group card (if you own it)
- list of medicines you use, with time of intake and dose
- a reference to any allergies or diet to follow
- Toilet equipment (washcloths, towels, soap, toothbrush, toothpaste, comb, shaving)
- Sleeping attire, dressing gown, slippers
- Easy loose clothes eg short for men (the operated leg may swell slightly as a result of the procedure), flat running shoes
- Do not bring large sums of money or valuable objects. The hospital can not be held liable for any loss or theft.
You have the following choice of room types:
- the quadruple room
- the double room
- the single room
The choice of rooms does not affect the quality of care. We ask for your understanding if, due to lack of space, we can not immediately give you the room you have requested.
The price of the room (the "Lay down price") is paid by the RIZIV.
The remunerations and additional hotel costs (the personal share) remain at the expense of the patient.
For stays in a single room and a double room, a supplement is charged. The doctor's fees can be increased with this choice of room. In the admission department a list is available for inspection with the maximum fees for each doctor.